Home H.S. I.S. Mosaic Barryton Mecosta Weidman 3226 Arthur Rd, Remus, MI 49340 / 989.967.2231

Chippewa Hills Schools Food Service
Links and Resources

By clicking on any of the links below, you will be leaving the Chippewa Hills web site, and as such,
we cannot be held responsibile for any information found on these pages.

Michigan Nutrition Standards Toolkit Michigan Team Nutrition
Michigan Team Nutrition Resources NutriLINK --- eNews for Nutrition Education
Summer Food Service Program (SFSP) Summer Food Service Program Site Locator Map
USDA's My Plate Recipes
USDA's Team Nutrition USDA's Ten Tips Nutrition Education Series
CDC Daily Digest Bulletin (pdf)
Common Kitchen Measurements (pdf)
Michigan Team Nutrition Booklist (pdf)
My Pyramid (pdf)
Summer Food Sponsor Directory (pdf)
USDA Foods: Healthy Choices for Our Schools (pdf)


The Michigan Department of Human Services administers the food assistance program (FAP), providing temporary food assistance to low income families statewide. The program strives to help stop hunger, but also can improve nutrition for recipients by increasing their food purchasing power and access to better and more nutritious food.  Eligibility for food assistance is based on the financial situation of all members who live in a household.  Everyone who lives together and/or purchases and prepares food together is considered a member of that same household group. Food can be bought using an electronic debit card called the Michigan bridge card.  Applications for food assistance are available online at www.michigan.gov/mibridges or in-person at the Mecosta/Osceola DHS office, 800 Watertower Road in Big Rapids.  If you have questions about DHS services visit our website www.michigan.gov/dhs or call the local office at 231-796-4300.

The U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) prohibits discrimination against its customers, employees, and applicants for employment on the bases of race, color, national origin, age, disability, sex, gender identity, religion, reprisal and, where applicable, political beliefs, marital status, familial or parental status, sexual orientation, or if all or part of an individual's income is derived from any public assistance program, or protected genetic information in employment or in any program or activity conducted or funded by the Department. (Not all prohibited bases will apply to all programs and/or employment activities.)

If you wish to file a Civil Rights program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, found online at http://www.ascr.usda.gov/complaint_filing_cust.html or at any USDA office, or call (866) 632-9992 to request the form. You may also write a letter containing all of the information requested in the form. Send your completed complaint form or letter to us by mail at: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Director, Office of Adjudication, 1400 Independence Avenue S.W., Washington, DC 20250-9410, by fax (202) 690-7442 or email at program.intake@usda.gov.

Infidivuals who are deaf, hard of hearing, or have speech disabilities and wish to file either an EEO or program complaint please contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339 or (800) 845-6136 (in spanish).

Persons with disabilities, who wish to file a program compaint, please see information above on how to contact us by mail directly or by email. If you require alternative means of communiction for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, ect.) please contact USDA's TARGET Center at (202) 720-2600 (voice and TDD).

The USDA is an equal opportunity provider and employer.